November Project: #30daysoflittlethings
It's November! Can you believe it?
With the whirlwind that is the holiday season soon approaching, I love the potential that November has to start the craziness off on the right note. While Thanksgiving isn't technically until the end of the month, I'm kind of sold on the idea of celebrating gratitude all month (and hopefully all season) long.
Enter this project!
I really want to be intentional with being thankful for the little things leading up to Thanksgiving so I thought a good way to keep myself accountable would be to start a little "challenge" (kind of similar to the #simplydisconnect social media challenge I did a few months ago). I posted about it on one of the blogging communities I'm a part of and was so excited that so many awesome bloggers wanted to join me. So, I hope you'll join in too and celebrate a month of intentional gratitude with us!
Here's how it works:
- For the next 30 days, starting today, be intentional about noticing the small, mundane, everyday things in your life. Changing your mindset from overlooking these things to intentionally noticing them is a huge positive change!
- Post about the little thing you're grateful for each day on some social platform using the hashtag #30daysoflittlethings. I'll be using Instagram and maybe Facebook occasionally.
- If you have a blog, join in our weekly link-up! I will host the link up on my blog and Ludavia from Nifty Betty will co-host it on her blog each Sunday. The link-up will remain open all week, until the next Sunday, giving us a chance to see what everyone has been up to!
- If you don't have a blog, stop by and read other people's posts on Sunday and engage! People who take the time to comment on blogs are one of the "little things" I'm super thankful for ;)
- More than anything, this project starts in the heart. While the networking and community of others posting is awesome and encouraging, I ultimately want people to notice a change in the way they are thankful- so if that means not posting on social media, or tweaking the challenge to fit your schedule, DO IT!
I can't wait to see what this month brings and to get a peek into the little things in your lives that you're thankful for!
*Note- next Sunday I will be in California with AJ (eeeeeee!! I'm a little excited) and though I'll still host the link-up on my blog, I won't be as active on social media (except for my daily post) until we get back*