Monthly Snapshot: October
How is it already the end of October? This month seriously got away from me.
I decided to start doing monthly recaps at the end of each month for YOU (in case you missed anything!) and for ME (to take stock of where I'm at each month and have a better idea of where to go next month).
Here's what we've been up to:
- Mara turned three months old! She's the sweetest, most patient baby I've ever seen. You can read my letter to her here.
- We started the countdown to Evie's 2nd birthday! She'll be two next month on the 27th and I kind of am in denial about it. Do any of you have awesome party panning posts? I'd love to read them!
- I've been selling coffee sleeves around town and through my Instagram to raise some extra cash for, you know, life- and I've been really excited by people's interest in them. I'll ship anywhere in the states and would love to make you one too!
- AJ has been working hard finishing up his first semester of school. I'm so proud of him for diving into it and for all of his hard work. It's not easy to balance a full time job, family and classes, but he's doing great.
- We adopted a kitten! AJ sometimes takes Evie to look at the animals at the humane society while I'm working (a dangerous activity, I know) and she fell in love with this kitten and he couldn't say no. We named her Eleanor and she is THE sweetest little cuddle bug.
- My second post about my Fall Capsule Wardrobe
- An open letter to my favorite season because it's anything but basic
- A recipe for no bake peanut butter quinoa protein bites. YUM.
- 5 tips for when you're desperate for a break but can't take one yet.
- Julie's post about why she decided to become a teacher. It's truly inspiring and I love her heart.
- Natalie shared some tips for how to get over writer's block- which I struggle with on the daily, so they were super helpful to me!
- Ever since starting my capsule wardrobe journey, I've loved reading Daisy's blog. Her post about how to get ready super fast was awesome and has some awesome tips for anyone looking to simplify!