Simply Eat // No Bake Peanut Butter Quinoa Protein Bites
If you follow me on instagram, you may have seen a photo I posted a few weeks ago featuring these little faux-cookies.
I was craving something sweet (which is an everyday occurrence for me) but have been seriously trying to curb my sugar intake, so I whipped up these protein bites using things I had on hand and they turned out SO yummy. Sometimes I surprise myself, you guys.
The great thing about them is they are simple and healthy. There's no refined sugar, gluten, dairy or any other "no-no's" to be found. Quinoa and chia seeds are both superfoods with so many health benefits. Oats are great for all of us breastfeeding mamas (really, they're thought to boost milk supply!). And agave is a tasty, all natural sweetener. Although, that doesn't justify eating an entire pan of them, as one of my friends pointed out seconds after I made them. I may or may not have listened.
They're not the most beautiful cookies in the world, but what they lack in appearance, they make up for in taste and convenience. They're totally guilt-free and you don't even have to turn on your oven.
Ingredients // (makes about 2 dozen cookies)
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 cup oat flour (not pictured. Just grind oats in food processor)
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon (not pictured)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cranberries (or chocolate chips or raisins)
- Combine oat flour, quinoa, cinnamon and chia seeds in a medium bowl.
- Add in coconut oil, but don't over mix.
- Stir in agave, peanut butter and cranberries.
- Taste test just because:
5. Scoop in spoonfuls onto a plate or baking sheet
6. Place in refrigerator until chilled (about 20 minutes).
7. Enjoy! Store refrigerated in a sealed container to help them stay fresh.