She's definitely out of the "newborn phase" and becoming her own little person which is SO much fun to see. She does something new almost everyday- I'm scared that if I look away for just a second I'll miss her newest trick. Watching her learn is truly amazing.
Warning: this post is very picture heavy. Sorry (not sorry), I couldn't hold back.
Here are a few family pictures. We haven't had many pictures taken of all three of us since E was born, so it was really special to have this session and to see our tiny family unit all together :) (minus Roxy of course).
- I'm not completely sure actually. I'm guessing she weighs around 13-14 lbs now. Judging by the rolls on her thighs, she's a healthy, heathy girl :)
- Chewing on her thumb. She hasn't quite figured out how to suck on it yet, but she tries really hard. Usually both fists find their way in too.
- Eating. That probably goes without saying, but this girl loves to eat. I'm pretty sure breastfeeding should be a full time job in itself.
- Holding her own hands.
- Sleeping! She started sleeping in 6-7 hour stretches at night and I am one happy (and much more rested) mama.
- Clicking her tongue.
- "Talking". She just discovered her voice a few days ago and now its constant coo-ing, squealing and babbling. I absolutely love it because I can see her learning to communicate in her tiny baby way. So fun. She has laughed a total of two times in her life (once for AJ and once for me), but its very unpredictable. I can't wait till its a regular thing.
- Not being held. She is a bit of a mama and daddy's girl lately and cries if anyone besides us tries to hold her. Kind of a bummer, but also kind of makes me smile inside, not going to lie.
- Being on a schedule. Our feeding/sleeping schedule is very baby led. I don't have an around the clock schedule because she just does what she wants regardless ;) She eats about every three hours, but her naps during the day are pretty unpredictable ranging from 15 minutes to a few hours.
Aren't these pictures great? I love them all and can't wait to share the rest. Thanks, Amy!
And one more for good measure.....
Happy weekend everyone!